Sunday, July 29, 2012

So It Begins...


I have battled my weight for most of my life. Learning how to navigate the world as a “plus size” girl has come with challenges, frustrations, and really great experiences.  Three months ago I began a journey with an AMAZING personal trainer, Emilia, whom I met through a friend on Christmas Day. A couple weeks ago, during a training session Emilia brought forward the idea of blogging about my journey. I shrugged it off, mostly because I have another blog where I post on occasion about my weight loss journey. Over the last couple weeks the idea has popped in and out of my head on several occasions and so I began reading different blogs of similar nature that exist out there, Prior Fat Girl, Brooklyn Fit Chick and Diary of An Aspiring Loser are a few of my favorites, but the list is long.

If I am honest, the thought about this blog scares the crap out of me. Being that vulnerable and open in this particular area of my life makes me want to hurl, which normally means it’s a good idea.  So, this morning I made the decision to do it. I then remembered that for the last couple months I have been posting the most unflattering pictures of myself, during my training sessions with Emilia, on Facebook. The response and encouraging words from my friends, family members, and Emilia is what gave me the courage to agree to this, well that and Emilia agreeing to write posts as well.

So, I made a few agreements with myself.  I would only do this if I give my word to share the good, the bad and the ugly. The epic wins all the way to the epic fails. That little voice inside my head that kept chanting “do it, do it, do it” is finally quite, which absolutely means it’s a good idea.

Here goes nothing! 

1 comment: